Electro Seconds was kind enough to send over a Breville Thermo Grill for us to try, so I was really excited to put together a recipe and make good use of it!
Satay Chicken Skewers
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 20 wooden skewers
- 1 onion, cut into squares
- 1 small red capsicum, cubed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 can light coconut cream (I used Woolworths Select)
- 1 can satay sauce (I used AYAM)
- Thread diced chicken onto skewers, adding onion squares and capsicum in between.
- Brush chicken and vegetables with combined oil, lime juice and soy sauce.
- Preheat grill to high. Grill chicken and vegetable skewers for 3 minutes on each side, or until meat is lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine satay sauce and light coconut cream in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until reduced and thickened.
- Serve skewers with a side of corn or rice, and spoon sauce over them.
Note: This recipe serves 6 people.
It was such a fun experience cooking on the new grill, as it heated up so quickly, and the skewers were nicely charred. It was also really easy to clean as well!
If you’re looking for a new grill, or any other appliance, Electro Seconds is Australia’s leading clearance outlet for top brand appliances. They sell brand new appliances with full manufacturer’s warranties, but at factory seconds prices, so you can pick up some great bargains!
They offer free delivery to metropolitan Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth (and delivery to other areas of Australia for a small fee). I received the grill really quickly through their postage system, and it was such a hassle-free process!
Orders can be placed online through their secure website, which can be found at: http://www.electroseconds.com.au.
Give this recipe a try over the Christmas and New Year break, and happy eating!